Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Go Mom!

Well the blog has been dormant for about 2 weeks now, mostly due to too much fishing.  Plenty of fish have been caught by all blog members here in the past two weeks, but there are two fish in particular that mean a lot to me.

My mommy. She supports me, funds me, and chauffeurs me. Amiss our trips to the river she grew bored of watching my friends and I catch fish, so she began fishing. This year marks her 2nd season. Her first season produced two fish for her. She was a relatively "fresh" angler so the low fish count does not come as a surprise, but her persistence does. She caught a fish on her first trip of her first season and one on the last trip of her season. All the time in between she spent asking questions, trying to improve, and being extremely frustrated.

Although I have fished around a dozen or so times this season, my mom has fished twice this season. Her start to the 2014 season was much better than last year's season. She has caught 2 fish, in two trips, without any sort of aide from her son! - Not that I wouldn't help her.

This fish was on her first trip of the year. We were fishing the North Branch and this bow was taken on a prince nymph.

This was on her second trip of the year, on another local trout stream. This fish was taken on a Flashback Hares-Ear.

Both of these fish may have been cookie cutter rainbows, but they are fish none the less. Good Job Mom and I hope to see more fish in your net for the trips to come!

Tight Lines Everyone - Alex Rundella

No comments:

Post a Comment